The City of Thousand Oaks is a premiere community recognized for being one of the most desirable places in all of California to live, work, recreate, and raise a family.
Located in between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara in Ventura County, Thousand Oaks is nestled against the Santa Monica Mountains and with over 15,000 acres of natural publicly owned open space located within the City’s boundaries.
The City prides itself on its open space with 75 miles of trails for hiking, biking, or just leisurely walking. While this natural acreage gives our community the best of nature, another source of pride is the Civic Arts Plaza. It is home to excellent schools, outstanding parks, and a myriad of shopping opportunities, including the largest auto mall in the nation.
The City of Thousand Oaks has earned well-deserved accolades:
● Ranked #1 on FBI Safest Cities Rankings in California and #4 in the nation with a population of 100,000+
● Ranked #4 on Kiplinger’s “10 Great Cities to Raise Your Kids”
● Bicycling Magazine’s Top 50 Bike-Friendly Cities
● Featured in the Safewise 50 Safest Cities in California
● Tree City USA
● 2013 Top 50 ranking for the Government Green Fleet Award
● Los Robles was the only hospital in Ventura County to be honored with an “A” grade in Fall 2013
● Named one of the 50 greenest cities in the US by Popular Science Magazine
|Gas||The Gas Company||800-427-2200|
|Trash||Conejo Valley Disposal||805-529-5871|
|Trash||Newbury Disposal (West T.O.)||800-418-7274|
|Trash||Waste Management (East T.O.)||(800) 675-1171||Trash Service|
Some of the great schools in the Thousand Oaks area. For a complete list, click on the button below.